Advanced Diagnostic Imaging in Pasadena, California
Clear Diagnoses Leading to Clear Vision
In order to maintain healthy vision, it is important to take care of your system of nerves, blood vessels, membranes, and tissues. At California Oculoplastics and Retina, we can help to ensure this system is being maintained thanks to our state-of-the-art technologies like advanced diagnostic imaging. This allows us to diagnose and treat any eye issues as quickly as possible, and when it comes to eye issues, early detection is key to preventing further vision loss.
We offer the latest diagnostic services to accurately diagnose and evaluate your retinal condition, including:
- Digital fundus (retinal) photography -- During this process, we use a special camera to take photographs of the back of the eye. This helps us monitor the retina over time and diagnose potential issues.
- Fluorescein angiography -- During this procedure, we inject a fluorescent dye into the bloodstream. Although this might sound intimidating, its purpose is quite simple. It highlights the blood vessels in the back of the eye so that we can photograph them, which allows us to make a diagnosis and monitor the condition.
- Digital high-speed indocyanine Green (ICG) angiography -- During this procedure, images are taken of the layer of the posterior part of the eye. This helps us to identify when the blood vessels have been affected by disease.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) -- OCT allows us to examine changes in the fibers of the optic nerves. This can help us diagnose a variety of eye conditions, like macular hole, macular edema, macular pucker, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, and retinopathy.
- B-scan ultrasonography -- This is a valuable diagnostic service because it provides a two-dimensional, cross-sectional view of the eye and the orbit. It is often used to help us diagnose issues like retinal detachment and other eye abnormalities.
Some of the benefits of our advanced diagnostic imaging services include:
- Earlier, more accurate diagnoses
- Safe and effective detection of retinal medical issues
- Better understanding of the patient’s condition and necessary treatment
- More accurate prediction of the likelihood of developing disease down the line
- Access to a safe, simple, and effective procedure
A Reliable Source for Improving Your Vision
We understand how important your eyes are. They are your portal to the rest of the world, and we are here to protect them. By combining our advanced technologies with the highly educated and skilled doctors at our practice, we are able to provide patients in Pasadena with top of the line treatments to combat the issues they might have with their eyes and surrounding areas.
Oculoplastic & Retina Procedures are Performed In-House
Minimally Invasive Procedures With No Pain
Education From the Top Medical Schools in the Country
Specialized Treatments Within An Upscale & Relaxing Environment