Retina Treatments in Pasadena, California
Retinal Treatments to Prevent Vision Loss
At California Oculoplastics and Retina, we pride ourselves on providing top quality restorative care for the eyes, retina, and surrounding areas. The retina is located in the back of the eye and is responsible for sensing light and sending images through the optic nerve to the brain. It allows individuals to experience the sharp vision that is necessary for reading, driving, and seeing fine detail.
The retina can become damaged due to natural causes and injuries. Seeking treatment for damage to the retina is up the utmost importance because retina damage can lead to vision loss if left untreated due to the affected blood vessels that carry neurons between the optic nerve and the brain.
Early detection is important when it comes to retina issues, and we will collaborate with you directly to determine the best treatment for your specific case.
Our physicians are specifically trained to provide the latest in-office procedures:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging - These services allow us to diagnose and treat eye issues as quickly as possible to prevent further vision loss.
- Intravitreal injections with Avastin®, Lucentis®, Eylea®, and Beovu® - Medications are injected in order to treat a variety of disorders like macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, eye infections, and more.
- Steroid injections and Ozurdex® implants - Patients who are suffering with a blockage of certain blood vessels in the eyes can find relief through steroid injections and Ozurdex implants. We can also use Ozurderz to treat uveitis.
- Laser photocoagulation - This is a type of surgery that uses a laser to shrink or remove abnormal structures in the retina or intentionally lead to scarring/ a microscopic burn. It prevents abnormal vessels from developing or dissolves existing ones.
- Pneumatic retinopexy - During this procedure, we inject an expanding gas bubble into the eye with local anesthetics. For patients who have a detached retina, the bubble covers the detached area and moves it to its proper position towards the back of the eye.
- Retina surgery - This surgery is used to cut or remove the fibrous or scar tissue from the retina, flatten areas where the retina has become detached, or repair tears and holes in the retina or macula.
- Scleral buckling surgery - This is a type of eye surgery that is used to correct a detached retina and restore vision. During this surgery, we use a freezing instrument to seal the retina back together and use a scleral buckle to hold it in place.
Access Your Best Vision Possible
Nobody wants to be struggling with retina issues or with vision issues in general, but if you are, you can trust that you are in good hands when you seek treatment from California Oculoplastics and Retina. Our well-respected doctors have received training from some top medical institutions, and their diligent work is reflected in our patients’ satisfaction.
No matter what type of treatment is necessary for your specific condition, we will make sure that your vision is restored to the best possible state.
Oculoplastic & Retina Procedures are Performed In-House
Minimally Invasive Procedures With No Pain
Education From the Top Medical Schools in the Country
Specialized Treatments Within An Upscale & Relaxing Environment